1 day left
- Sector Type
Computational Physics, Inc. (CPI) has an immediate opening for a scientific programmer to participate in multiple projects involving the use of atmospheric radiance models and particle transport models to support earth and planetary satellite remote sensing missions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain ground data analysis processing pipeline.
- Participate in in-flight calibration of remote sensing instruments.
- Participate in validation and analysis of satellite remote sensing UV-IR data.
- Masters degree (or equivalent experience) in physics or related scientific field.
- 5 years of experience with IDL (Interactive Data Language).
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills, good communication skills, and ability to interact well in group work environments.
- U.S. citizen
- Ph.D. in physics or related scientific field.
- Familiarity with object oriented programming concepts and C++.
- Experience with version control software (Git, SVN).
- Experience with atmospheric radiance modeling.
- Experience with UV to near-IR satellite remote sensing data sets.
- Experience with Linux OS and/or Mac OS X
8001 Braddock Rd, Suite 210
CPI offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a generous retirement plan including an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), significant educational assistance, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience.
CPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for Scientific Programmer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly