Computational Physics, Inc. (CPI) has an immediate opening for a scientific programmer to participate in multiple projects involving the use of atmospheric radiance models and particle transport models to support earth and planetary satellite remote sensing missions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain ground data analysis processing pipeline.
- Participate in in-flight calibration of remote sensing instruments.
- Participate in validation and analysis of satellite remote sensing UV-IR data.
- Masters degree (or equivalent experience) in physics or related scientific field.
- 5 years of experience with IDL (Interactive Data Language).
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills, good communication skills, and ability to interact well in group work environments.
- U.S. citizen
- Ph.D. in physics or related scientific field.
- Familiarity with object oriented programming concepts and C++.
- Experience with version control software (Git, SVN).
- Experience with atmospheric radiance modeling.
- Experience with UV to near-IR satellite remote sensing data sets.
- Experience with Linux OS and/or Mac OS X
8001 Braddock Rd, Suite 210
CPI offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a generous retirement plan including an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), significant educational assistance, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience.
CPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer