Post-Doc Research Fellow
UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers many opportunities and attractive benefits, including:
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Australian bush land setting with FREE parking
- FREE Onsite GYM and Indoor Sports Centre
- Strong commitment to staff development and learning
- Strong commitment to work life and family balance
- Generous superannuation and salary packaging opportunities
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work
The successful candidate will work within the School of Physical, Environmental and Mathematical Sciences, UNSW Canberra. The School of Physical, Environmental and Mathematical Sciences, is one of four Schools at UNSW Canberra, which encompasses the disciplines of Chemistry, Geography, Mathematics, Statistics, Oceanography and Physics. The School comprises an internationally networked community with a history of leadership in research, innovation, teaching and learning.
About the Role:
- Salary- Level A $71,437 - $95,248 9+(17%Super)
- Fixed Term - 2 years
- Full time (35 hours)
The Sino-Australian Research Centre for Coastal Management (SARCCM, https://www.unsw.adfa.edu.au/sino-australian-research-centre-for-coastal-management/) in conjunction with the School of Physical, Environmental and Mathematical Sciences at the UNSW Canberra at Australian Defence Force Academy (UNSW Canberra @ ADFA), invites applicants for a postdoctoral research associate role in support of research activities at the interdisciplinary/multidisciplinary Centre and establishment of UNSW-Ocean University of China (OUC) Double-Master-Degrees Program.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES
The applicant will be responsible for development and application of hydrodynamics and sediment transport models in estuaries, ports, and turbid coastal environments; exploring the structure, function, dynamics and interactions of marine ecosystems and their relationships with common environmental stressors within estuarine and coastal waters; development of regional coastal ocean observing and forecasting system. You will be involved in the establishment of UNSW-OUC Double-Master-Degrees Program (https://www.unsw.adfa.edu.au/sino-australian-research-centre-for-coastal-management/node/140#), and supervising/co-supervising MPhil student projects as well as limited teaching activities at undergraduate levels at UNSW Canberra @ ADFA.
You should systematically address the selection criteria in your application. To view the position description, please ensure you allow pop ups for the Jobs@UNSW Career Portal.
An applicant may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role.
For further information about UNSW Canberra, please visit our website: UNSW Canberra
Associate Professor Xian Hua Wang
T: 02 6268 8473
Applications Close: Sunday 23 April 2017
More searches like this
- Hydrology Postdoctoral PhD Professional Hydrologist jobs in $75,000 - $99,999
- Interdisciplinary/Other Postdoctoral PhD Professional Hydrologist jobs in $75,000 - $99,999
- Mineral and Rock Physics Postdoctoral PhD Professional Hydrologist jobs in $75,000 - $99,999
- Ocean Science Postdoctoral PhD Professional Hydrologist jobs in $75,000 - $99,999