Assistant Research Scientist, Hydrogeologist
The Division of Hydrologic Sciences of the Desert Research Institute (DRI) is seeking an Assistant Research Scientist with an emphasis in hydrogeology and data science. This position will be based at DRI’s Reno campus. The desired applicant must be versatile and prepared to work on a variety of research topics across disciplines.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, calibration, and maintenance of groundwater flow and transport models, analysis and statistical modeling of large datasets, spatial analysis, and geochemical modeling. The candidate must be proficient in a variety of modeling software platforms including MODFLOW, FEFLOW, PHREEQC and TOUGH2. The candidate must have experience in multi-phase groundwater flow and transport modeling. Candidates possessing skills that span different spatial and temporal scales, and who use innovative technologies to address complex hydrologic questions are strongly encouraged to apply.
• M.S. in hydrogeology or a related field from an accredited institution and two years of full-time professional experience in hydrogeology
• US Citizenship
• Excellent English-language communication skills (oral and written)
• Demonstrated experience in hydrologic and geochemical modeling software platforms including MODFLOW, FEFLOW, PHREEQC and TOUGH2
• Demonstrated experience in spatial analysis and modeling software platforms such as ArcGIS
• Experience with programming languages including Python, MATLAB, or FORTRAN
• Ability to define and conduct high-quality research as part of an interdisciplinary, collaborative research group
Salaries are competitive and commensurate with qualifications. This position is eligible for DRI’s benefits package and relocation assistance.
Qualified individuals interested in this position must apply online at http://jobs.dri.edu/postings/225. To ensure full consideration, your application package should be received by May 10, 2017.
Further information on DRI and the Division of Hydrologic Sciences can be obtained at http://www.dri.edu and http://www.dri.edu/dhs. For questions regarding this position, please call the DRI recruiting office at 702-862-5548.
DRI is an AA/EEO employer who gives consideration in employment without regard to race, color, religion, and sex. Individuals with disabilities or protected veteran status are encouraged to apply.