We seek a motivated and ambitious computational scientist to join the National Centre for Atmospheric Science’s Computational Modelling Support (CMS) team. The post holder will support the NCAS high resolution and earth system modelling programmes in all aspects of the climate model workflow, improving the overall performance of the Unified Model, including portability, scalability, data handling and analysis, as well as the associated workflow infrastructure. This activity supports the Joint-Weather and Climate Programme’s High-Resolution Climate Modelling theme (HRCM), delivering world leading numerical models of the atmosphere and ocean, using the world’s most powerful supercomputers. The HRCM mission is to play a leading role internationally in advancing the frontiers of global high resolution modelling, and to advance the application of this science to address societal needs. HRCM and CMS currently engage internationally in the co-design of modelling systems that will be able to exploit exascale supercomputing.
You will have:
- Excellent computational and programming skills including FORTRAN, UNIX, Python and Scripting
- Experience of working with large, complex software systems
- Knowledge of High Performance Computing (HPC) and numerical modelling
- Experience of developing and debugging parallel codes
- First degree in a numerical or scientific discipline
- Strong analytic and communication skills
To apply, please click on the apply button below.
Closing date: 21 May 2017.
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and we welcome applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements which will be considered in line with business needs.
Apply for Computational Scientist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly