The Marine Physical Laboratory (MPL) at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography at the University of California San Diego is seeking a Postdoctoral Scholar Employee in the research group led by Professor Ken Melville. The primary area of research is air-sea interaction, including the topics of surface wave dynamics, air-sea fluxes, upper ocean turbulence, including Langmuir circulations, and the remote sensing of ocean surface phenomena using electromagnetic and acoustic techniques. Many of these processes and phenomena are influenced directly by surface wave breaking. Another area of research is in theoretical and numerical modeling of nonlinear wave phenomena.
- Recent PhD in Physical Oceanography or related field including engineering
- Strong background in fluid mechanics is required
Terms of Appointment
- The initial full-time appointment is for one year, with the expectation of renewal based on performance.
How to Apply
Applications for this position must be submitted to Ken Melville at email@example.com and include the following materials:
- A current curriculum vitae;
- A personal statement of experience and career goals;
- Three professional references (name and email contact)
All materials must be submitted by June 30th, 2017 for consideration.
*The University of California San Diego is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer