Post-doctoral Fellowship at the University of Alberta in Integrated Assessment Modelling
Applications are invited for a two-year post-doctoral fellowship in the area of integrated assessment of global change, with a focus on energy systems, climate change, and the water-energy nexus. Based at the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Canada, the successful candidate will also interact with researchers and modellers in Environment and Climate Change Canada, Government of Canada, Ottawa, Canada, and at the Joint Global Change Research Institute (JGCRI), Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Washington, DC, through short research stays. He/she will use and contribute to the development of JGCRI’s Global Change Assessment Model (GCAM; see http://www.globalchange.umd.edu/gcam/).
- PhD in engineering, operations research, management science, computer science, economics, environmental science/policy or related field; preference will be given to candidates with expertise in modelling and model development, energy-economic modelling, integrated assessment modelling, systems thinking and analysis, and the water-energy nexus.
- Demonstrated scientific ability through publications in peer-reviewed journals, model developments, leadership, and successful grant applications.
- Computer programming skills in C++ and Python, R, and high performance technical computing.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and coordinate research projects involving multiple researchers.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work in a group environment, and a demonstrated interest and ability in successful collaboration across disciplinary boundaries.
Anticipated Remuneration: Approximately $55,000 CAD/year
Anticipated Start Date: July 15, 2017
Please send your CV and a cover letter that describes your relevant qualifications and experience to,
Dr. Evan Davies, Associate Professor
Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Alberta
9211 – 116 St NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada, T6G 1H9
or email the above to email@example.com