Climate Central is seeking a self-motivated data analyst to join a team investigating climate change impacts in the U.S. They will work closely with our team of scientists, analysts, and creative artists to produce a series of original, newsworthy and influential analyses and reports.
Top candidates will have experience with large data sets and statistical analysis, along with creative analytical skills. They will also have an interest and talent for discovering notable stories from quantitative analyses. Research areas include climate change-related trends and impacts such as temperature, precipitation, wildfires, sea level rise, shifting seasons and ecosystems, and more.
- Identify, obtain, and analyze large climate and weather data sets and other primary data relevant to climate change from government and other sources.
- Be a key member of a team of scientists, journalists, and graphics designers that produce regular climate change analyses, content, and data visualizations for TV, print, and digital media outlets.
- Recognize and develop interesting scientific findings and story lines that can be translated into reports and visuals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in statistics, computer science, environmental science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3 years of research and quantitative analysis experience.
- A demonstrated talent for creative analysis and clear presentation of interesting, innovative findings from complex data sets.
- Fluency with basic software (for example, but not limited to, R, Matlab) and an ability to learn new ones.
- Experience with GIS (for example, ArcGIS, QGIS) is a plus.
- Experience juggling more than one multi-disciplinary project simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoy working as part of a team and open to taking input from all levels.
About Climate Central
Climate Central is a fast-growing, non-profit organization with an entrepreneurial atmosphere. We are an independent organization of leading scientists and journalists researching and reporting the facts about our changing climate and its impact on the American public. Climate Central is not an advocacy organization and does not lobby or support any specific legislation, policy or bill.
Compensation is competitive, with very generous benefits.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, Climate Central is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Climate Central strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and as such do not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.