Laboratory Manager, Luminescence
3 days left
- Sector Type
The Desert Research Institute Luminescence Laboratory is seeking a full time NSF funded Laboratory Manager. This is a 1.00 FTE (full-time) professional faculty position that is located at DRI’s Northern Nevada Science Center in Reno, Nevada.
The appointee will oversee the daily operations and activities of hourly and part time staff, oversee preparation of luminescence samples, conduct luminescence analysis, maintain inventory, train students, post-docs, and visiting scientists, oversee preparation of dose rate samples, oversee and conduct analysis of dose rate samples, contribute to development and administration of training materials for students and visitors, maintain and oversee QAQC and daily documentation, contribute to reporting results and preparation of manuscripts, and contribute to proposal development for new projects. The appointee will work on a variety of current ongoing projects and will contribute to the development of new projects.
- Master’s Degree in Geosciences, Physics, Chemistry, or related field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in laboratory operations and analysis.
- Experience with and knowledge of chemical reagents, including safe handling and disposal procedures.
- Experience with the operation of basic laboratory instrumentation (analytical balances, centrifuges, ultrasonic cleaners, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills with clear written and spoken English.
- Ability and willingness to work in a dark room with very little lighting.
- Ability to work independently to fulfill project goals and meet project deadlines and to work collaboratively with scientists and researchers.
- Ability to maintain detailed laboratory notes.
- Experience with luminescence preparation and analysis.
More jobs like this
- Masters Early Career (up to 10 years past degree) jobs in Biogeosciences
- Masters Early Career (up to 10 years past degree) jobs in Geochemistry
- Masters Early Career (up to 10 years past degree) jobs in Near Surface Geophysics
- Masters Early Career (up to 10 years past degree) jobs in Solid Earth Geophysics