Engineer, Supply Chain (Contingent Business Interruption modeling)
Engineer, Supply Chain (Contingent Business Interruption modeling) SF office
We are currently recruiting for a Catastrophe Risk Modeler in the AIR San Francisco office to develop risk quantification models for assessing Contingent Business Interruption/Supply Chain risk. As part of the AIR research team, you would work closely with scientists and engineers building statistical and numerical models to estimate natural hazard risk.
Main responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Further development of Contingent Business Interruption model using latest research and data
- Collect, analyze and efficiently manage a wide variety of data used in the development of risk models
- Statistical analysis of historical supply chain disruption and insurance claims data
- Calibration and validation of risk models
- Prepare and present work product at staff and client meetings
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to gather, understand, and critically analyze data
- Strong analytical skills, experience with probability and statistics
- Strong programming skills (C/C++, Python, R, MATLAB)
- Experience working with large datasets (SQL)
- Experience working with GIS tools (ArcGIS) and spatial databases
- Strong communication skills to effectively present in front of a group, and have strong written and verbal communication skills to work with other departments at AIR on a variety of projects
- Knowledge of probabilistic risk modelling is a plus
- Experience with data science is considered an advantage
- PhD or M.S. in Civil Engineering, or a similar degree in Meteorology, Applied Mathematics, or Statistics will also be considered
- Insurance industry experience is a plus
About AIR Worldwide
AIR Worldwide (AIR) provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR’s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, a Verisk Analytics (Nasdaq:VRSK) business, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. For more information, please visit www.air-worldwide.com.
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers.