Dean, School of Forest Resources & Environmental Science
Michigan Technological University invites inquiries, applications, and nominations for the position of Dean of the School of Forest Resources and Environmental Science (SFRES). The Dean of SFRES provides leadership in shaping the vision for the future role of SFRES within the University, the state of Michigan, higher education, and society at large. The Dean is the School’s chief academic and administrative officer. The Dean will maintain and enhance educational and research efforts within the broadly defined fields of environmental science and natural resources. The Dean is responsible for providing leadership and fostering successful collaborations within SFRES, with other areas of the University, and external constituencies. The Dean reports to the provost and works with the deans, faculty, staff, and students across campus to promote excellence in the University.
To receive full consideration, candidates must hold a PhD from an accredited university in a field related to environmental science or natural resources and engage in scholarly activity appropriate for a senior-level tenured appointment. Candidates must also demonstrate:
- Experience in a leadership role, such as administering an academic or research-oriented unit or organization.
- A record of promoting and maintaining a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment.
- A record of promoting a culture of safety as a professional value and an essential component of day-to-day activities.
- The ability to attract resources through external fundraising or advancement.
- Fiscal responsibility and the ability to manage budgets.
- The ability to develop and implement strategic and tactical plans.
For more information about the position, including application information, please visit mtu.edu/dean-sfres.
Candidates who are selected for on-campus interviews will be offered the opportunity to bring a guest with them for their visit.
About Michigan Tech
Founded in 1885, Michigan Tech is a leading public research institution, home to more than 7,000 students from 60 countries around the world. SFRES offers nationally recognized programs in forestry, wildlife ecology and management, natural resources and applied ecology, biotechnology and molecular genetics, forest biomaterials, and geospatial sciences and technology. The School’s national and international research programs are awarded over $4 million annually. The University fosters a world-class and diverse faculty, staff, and student population, with more than $72.5 million in total research expenditures and 19 research centers and institutes. Our beautiful campus in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula overlooks the Keweenaw Waterway and is just a few miles from Lake Superior.
Michigan Technological University is an equal opportunity educational institution/equal opportunity employer, which includes providing equal opportunity for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
More searches like this
- Biogeosciences Experienced PhD jobs in $150,000 - $199,999
- Earth and Space Science Informatics Experienced PhD jobs in $150,000 - $199,999
- Global Environmental Change Experienced PhD jobs in $150,000 - $199,999
- Interdisciplinary/Other Experienced PhD jobs in $150,000 - $199,999
- Social Sciences Experienced PhD jobs in $150,000 - $199,999