Professor of Environmental Geophysics at the University of Vienna
At the Faculty of Earth Sciences, Geography, and Astronomy of the University of Vienna the position of a University Professor of Environmental Geophysics (full time, permanent position) is to be filled.
Candidates for the professorship must be recognized internationally for Environmental Geophysical research, including the application of quantitative near - surface geophysical methods. We are searching for individuals who are outstanding scholars with cross - cutting research concepts among the disciplines of the Faculty. The professorship is expected to strengthen cooperation between the Faculty's key research areas Earth and Environment. Candidates are expected to have an excellent publication record and an excellent record of external funding. Teaching within the International Joint Master „Physics of the Earth (Geophysics),“ Earth Sciences, and Environmental Sciences is expected.
Successful candidates should have the following qualifications:
• Doctoral degree/PhD and post - doctoral experience at a university or other research institution
• Habilitation (venia docendi) in a subject field relevant to this position or an internationally accepted equivalent qualification is desirable
• Outstanding achievements in research, excellent publication record, international reputation
• Experience in designing, procuring and managing large research projects, as well as the willingness and ability to lead research groups
• Enthusiasm for excellent teaching, teaching experience at universities as well as the ability and willingness to teach students in all phases of their studies (bachelor ' s, master's, or doctoral level), to supervise academic theses and to promoting young academic colleagues
The University of Vienna expects the successful candidate to acquire, within three years, proficiency in German sufficient for teaching in bachelor’s programmes and for participation in university committees. In addition, the University of Vienna expects the successful candidate to be prepared to take over responsibility on the organisational level of the Faculty and the University, if necessary.
The University of Vienna pursues a non - discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
For more information (e.g. how to apply) see http://personalwesen.univie.ac.at/en/jobs-recruiting/professorships/detail-page/news/environmental-geophysics/