Post Doctoral Associate
The University of Maryland Department of Atmospheric & Oceanic Science and NOAA Air Resources Laboratory (ARL) are seeking an atmospheric scientist (Post Doctoral Associate or Faculty Assistant) at the University of Maryland Cooperative Institute for Climate & Satellites (CICS) to work with the Air Chemistry group at ARL Headquarters in the NOAA Center for Weather & Climate Prediction (NCWCP) in College Park, MD. The successful candidate will perform atmospheric chemistry research related to weather and air quality forecasting and possess a broad range of knowledge and skills including emission science, atmospheric chemistry modeling, high performance computing, satellite data analysis and superior communication abilities.
Education: Ph.D. in atmospheric sciences or related subject with a strong background in atmospheric chemistry modeling.
Key Knowledge & Skills:
• Proficiency with or ability to learn US EPA’s National Emissions Inventory (NEI) and associated emission software, including SMOKE, MOVES, BEIS and R-LINE.
• Familiarity with the Community Emissions Data System (CEDS), the Emissions Database for Global Atmospheric Research (EDGAR) and other global emissions systems.
• Extensive experience using 3-D atmospheric chemistry models such as CMAQ, WRF-Chem, CAMx, Geos-Chem or others for analyses and research applications and proficiency in tropospheric chemistry.
• Familiarity with satellite data related to air quality and atmospheric chemistry and the ability to handle large data sets.
• Experience in analyzing air composition measurements from monitoring networks and field campaigns.
• Proficiency in high performance computing, coupling frameworks and Python data analysis and graphics.
For Best Consideration apply by March 15, 2018
To apply: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/57820