PhD opportunities @SCK•CEN
In a conscious desire to increase its pool of highly specialized researchers and to tighten the links with the universities, SCK•CEN embarked in 1992 on a programme to support PhD candidates and post-doctoral researchers.
Preparing your doctoral thesis at the Belgian Nuclear Research Centre offers you the best of both worlds: you stay in close contact with the academic world and you enjoy a unique international research environment, with advanced nuclear experimental facilities and top-level guidance from our experts.
The 2018 lists of available PhD topics can be found at http://academy.sckcen.be/en/Your_thesis_internship/AllTopics, and http://academy.sckcen.be/en/Your_thesis_internship/PhDNIRAS_thesis/Topics. The Waste and Disposal Expert Group hosts, or is involved in, the following topics:
- Surrogate modeling of numerical flow and reactive transport simulators
- Joint inversion of physical and chemical state variable data within a multi-model subsurface hydrology framework
- Corrosion study of the BR1 fuel in highly alkaline conditions
- Cemented waste deterioration by sulphate attack: chemistry and effect on structural and mechanical properties
- Investigation of the long-term behavior of Boom Clay
- Microbial community structure and dynamics during radioactive waste disposal
For more information on the application procedure, see http://academy.sckcen.be/en/Your_thesis_internship/PhD_thesis or http://academy.sckcen.be/en/Your_thesis_internship/PhDNIRAS_thesis. The deadlines for submission of application files are March 27 and April 13, 2018, respectively.