The Data Analyst will be responsible for focusing on flood analysis and development initially, with planned vectoring to data intelligence analysis duties, for both science and non-science applications to support property and non-property business segments.
A data analyst will need to have familiarity with scientific data analysis, data inference techniques and programming. Will have a general background in physical and mathematical sciences, applied data intelligence analysis, and statistical data mining. Preferred individual in this role would also have capabilities in GIS spatial analytics and development of disruptive data technologies. ArcGIS, R, Python application and language familiarity.
- Adapting and running geophysical models, supporting senior scientists in the diagnosis and interpretation of model-based results.
- Assisting scientists, senior scientists and management in the manipulation of data, systems analysis and database administration.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an applied science, preferably the geophysical sciences
- A data analyst will need to have familiarity with scientific data analysis, data inference techniques and programming.
- General background in physical and mathematical sciences, applied data intelligence analysis, and statistical data mining.
- Familiarity with UNIX/Linux development environment.
- Comfortable working with large datasets to support analysis objectives.
- MatLab, Python experience. Familiarity with R or similar languages is a plus.
- Ability to understand, compile and manipulate finite difference geophysical models. Familiarity with ADCIRC storm surge model is preferred.
- Software development skills. Seasoned diagnostic skills for quality assurance.
- Preferred individual in this role would also have experience and skills in GIS supported spatial analytics and data mining techniques and data analytics technologies.
- Proven ability for collaborative work on technical project teams. Candidate must have a track record of providing valuable input under the guidance of a principal investigator.