Senior Groundwater Modeller
- Conduct and lead groundwater modelling research
- Support effective groundwater management
- Join the Water for Regional Development team in this ground-breaking, innovative science role
We seek to appoint a senior groundwater modeller to meet current capability demand and advance research capability in support of effective groundwater management. The appointee will conduct and lead groundwater modelling research to develop and implement novel methods to inform regulators and industry on fit-for-purpose, evidence-based, groundwater management options.
Your duties will include:
- Engage with regulators and industries managing groundwater resources, collaborate to ensure informed uptake of the results, advise policy makers and inform the transfer of knowledge to non-scientific audiences.
- Initiate collaborative research activities with external organizations and within CSIRO.
- Develop fit-for-purpose groundwater management models through analysis, integration, upscaling and synthesis of information from multiple sources and scales, employing big data analytics and machine learning techniques.
- Develop efficient tools for optimal, robust groundwater management under uncertainty, reducing conceptual and parameter uncertainty in model predictions.
- Optimize groundwater data acquisition, based on data-worth and data value analysis.
Location: Floreat WA
Salary: AU $109K to AU $128K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years, with the possibility of a further term
Ref no: 56596
To be considered you will have:
- A doctorate or equivalent research experience in a discipline relevant to groundwater modelling
- Proven expertise in fit-for-purpose groundwater models development, supporting robust groundwater management under uncertainty and optimization of groundwater data acquisition
- Experience in management of cumulative impacts from the resources and agricultural sectors on water resources and groundwater dependent ecosystems within a triple bottom line approach
- Demonstrated experience in scientific programming, data visualisation, and high performance computing
- A significant record of science innovation and creativity plus the ability to apply well developed research skills to scientific investigations.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: To apply for this position please include with your CV/Resume a statement addressing the essential criteria, and any other information that is relevant to the position. Please upload these as one document.
Applications Close: 15 May 2018 (10:59pm AEST)