Research Opportunity for Subject Experts - 2018 Drawdown Fellowships
The Drawdown Research Fellowship fosters the development of a new cohort of climate leadership working on pragmatic solutions to reverse global warming.
We offer a small number of fellowships to exceptional Master’s and PhD students, faculty and scholars, as well as seasoned professionals from around the world. Fellows work with Project Drawdown’s senior research team to collect and analyze the best available research and data on carefully vetted technological, social, and ecological solutions, and to develop realistic models, technical reports, and policy memos projecting the financial and climate impacts of existing solutions deployed at scale over the next thirty years.
Drawdown Fellows are provided with speaking and professional development training during the fellowship period and continue to offer resources, connections, and opportunities for Fellows to become spokespeople and change agents in the drawdown solutions movement.
During the course of their fellowship, they will work directly on the following research programs:
Fellows working on Global Systems research will contribute to defining and describing the potential of existing social, ecological, and technical solutions that reduce and sequester atmospheric greenhouse gases and evaluate their financial impact and potential to achieve drawdown by 2050 at global scale.
Those working on "place-based" assessments will undertake research related directly to the goals of economic and ecological regeneration at regional, country, and local scales, and make this research easily accessible to diverse audiences.
- Completed Master’s degree required, PhD or equivalent work experience preferred. Candidates currently enrolled in a Master’s program will be considered in circumstances where the candidate’s course work will be centered on the subject matter of the fellowship.
- 5+ years of experience in sustainability, renewable energy, energy efficiency, bio-sequestration, land use, agriculture, international development, climate modeling, or related field.
- Experience in quantitative analysis, data modeling or econometrics required.
- Strong research, analysis and writing skills. Demonstrated ability to conduct research and produce scholarly work.
- Experience with preparing clear, compelling, and high-quality reports and presentations. Project management skills, capable of meeting deadlines.
- Interest in and ability to work remotely, yet in collaboration with a team of researchers in different time zones. Comfort with teleconferencing technologies. Ability to participate in videoconferences between the hours of 9:00 am – 12:00 pm Pacific Time.
The 2018 Fellowship program will begin with an orientation period from September 1 – 30, and the Fellowship period will run from October 1 - March 31, 2018. This is a full-time position for six months. Part-time positions may be available in special circumstances.
How Do I Apply?
Please complete our online application form. All candidates should be sure to upload their most recent resume or CV, two references, and two recent writing samples (see below for details). We will also consider letters of support from supervisors or institutions, if applicable.
Priority deadline for all applications: 6/15/2018
Final deadline for applications: 7/15/2018
For more information, please see our website: http://www.drawdown.org/research-fellowship.
Apply for Research Opportunity for Subject Experts - 2018 Drawdown Fellowships
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Atmospheric Sciences Student / Graduate Masters Data Management Certification jobs in Up to $20,000
- Biogeosciences Student / Graduate Masters Data Management Certification jobs in Up to $20,000
- Cryosphere Sciences Student / Graduate Masters Data Management Certification jobs in Up to $20,000
- Earth and Space Science Informatics Student / Graduate Masters Data Management Certification jobs in Up to $20,000
- Geochemistry Student / Graduate Masters Data Management Certification jobs in Up to $20,000