Hydrogeochemist Postdoctoral Fellow
We are looking for a person with exceptional scientific curiosity who is excited to explore, through the interpretation of complex data sets from intensely investigated field sites, the interface between geology, hydrogeochemistry, and groundwater flow and transport.
The G360 Institute for Groundwater Research (https://g360group.org/) offers a Postdoctoral Fellow position in hydrogeochemistry with a focus on groundwater. The G360 Institute has been conducting groundwater research at field sites in a variety of hydrogeologic settings in Canada and the United States, with a special focus on fractured rocks, for more than 25 years to collect high-resolution physical, chemical and microbial data sets to inform site conceptual models.
In this position, the candidate will work as an engaged member of an multi-disciplinary team of groundwater scientists and engineers with interests in understanding field site subsurface conditions at multiple scales, from pore to regional flow systems. His/her focus will be the interpretation of hydrogeochemical processes and controls on groundwater chemistry to inform groundwater flow systems and contaminant transport and fate. Initially, the successful candidate will work with existing three-dimensional hydrochemical and isotope datasets collected from high-resolution depth-discrete sampling of cores and multilevel wells, with the possibility to expand into areas initiated by the incumbent based on initial progress. He/she is expected to participate in publishing results in top-tier peer-review international scientific journals by engaging with the Principal Investigator and her scientific team.
This contract position is offered for up to three years, with six and twelve-month reviews.
- A Ph.D. in geochemistry, contaminant hydrogeology, isotope hydrology or related fields;
- proficiency in both written and spoken English;
- record of research competence proven by publication in well-respected peer-reviewed scientific journals;
- a strong knowledge of hydrogeology, and hydrological processes in addition to core hydrogeochemical competence;
- familiar with isotope hydrology;
- ability to work both independently but also as part of multidisciplinary group.
- experience with modeling software such as PHREEQC, Aquachem, ArcGis, Geochemist’s Workbench;
- experience in writing research proposals and technical memos.