The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Colorado State University (CSU) is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to develop models to assess scenarios of green and gray infrastructure based on hydrologic performance, lifecyle cost and co-benefits. Specifically, the project seeks to develop methods for exploring performance and benefits of green infrastructure practices.
The selected individual will work with Dr. Sharvelle and Dr. Arabi at CSU to develop the model engine for the Community-enabled Lifecycle Analysis of Stormwater Infrastructure Costs (CLASIC) tool. The CLASIC tool will serve as a screening tool utilizing a lifecycle cost framework to support stormwater infrastructure decisions on extent and combinations of green infrastructure, hybrid green-gray systems and gray infrastructure practices.
• PhD in Civil Engineering, hydrology or related field completed by start date
• Experience with process-based urban hydrologic modeling
• Demonstrated ability to produce peer-reviewed journal publications
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with urban hydrologic modeling tools including Storm Water Management Model (SWMM)
• Experience with multi criteria decision analysis
• Experience with development of robust statistical models
• Experience with model sensitivity and uncertainty analyses
• Experience interacting with collaborators and stakeholders