Student & Career Services Coordinator
Title: Student & Career Services Coordinator
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Washington, DC
What we do and offer our team
AGU is home to more than 60,000 scientists from 139 countries. As the Student & Career Services Coordinator, you will be part of a dynamic association of Earth and space scientists who advance research, collaborate across disciplines, and communicate the importance and impact of science to society. AGU offers our employees exciting opportunities through top-ranked scientific journals, scientific meetings and conferences, and other educational and scientific programs, to present and publish research, gain leadership experience, mentor, and freely exchange knowledge.
AGU’s Workplace Values
We believe in accountability and ownership of work, by taking responsibility for decisions and results. We believe in member and customer service, and that they come first through providing high quality service.
We believe in excellence and giving it our all, through striving to be outstanding. We believe in integrity by doing the right thing, we achieve this by being honest and fair.
Our teams believe that with teamwork together we achieve more, we achieve this through collaboration. We believe in respect, that you earn it and give it, by open communication and collaboration.
What the Student & Career Services Coordinator does
The Student & Career Services Coordinator is key in assisting AGU to build a qualified talent pool for Earth and Space science for the benefit of humanity, by being operational in focus. The purpose of the Student & Career Services Coordinator position is to provide program coordination, project management, and leadership in support of the goals and objectives of the AGU Talent Pool office and AGU as a whole.
This role is primarily designed to coordinate activities of the AGU Pathfinder Career Center and the Virtual Poster Showcase. In addition, the Student & Career Services Coordinator may help lead project activities for Education, Student Programs and other Talent Pool programs. This position takes a leading role in procuring, producing and editing multimedia assets to support the educational and professional development of Earth and space sciences students.
- Serves as the program lead for AGU Pathfinder Career Center and the Virtual Poster Showcase programs.
- Provides oversight of customer relations and AGU Pathfinder Career Center recruitment package sales, serves a physical presence for the Career Center at AGU meetings, and works with the Wiley sales team to ensure fulfilment of recruitment packages for employers participating in the Career Center and recruitment events.
- Coordinates the AGU Virtual Poster Showcase including configuration of support platform, student support, and promotional efforts.
- Serves as a lead producer for career-related media including webinars, newsletters, videos and other digital assets.
- Serves as an editor for the On the Job blog, as well as an editor for all career-related webpages and apps.
- Serves as the primary program contact for AGU Information Services and Wiley regarding technological resources needed to support targeted Student and Career Service initiatives, including ongoing improvements to the Career Center and student contest platforms, and web applications.
- Conducts development of new AGU Career Services initiatives. This includes, but is not limited to program conception, promotion, project planning and execution of the entire initiative.
- Other duties as assigned.
What the Student & Career Services Coordinator brings to the team
- 3-5 years experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with digital platforms, content management, and multimedia production
- Experience with program management and logistics
- Ability to follow through on commitments and accept ownership of responsibilities and with utmost professionalism
- Ability to be flexible in handling a wide variety of projects and assignments with changing priorities and deadlines
- Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for accuracy and quality and / or fast pace
- Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters and conducting himself / herself with sensitivity to both political and personnel issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate easily and effectively with staff and external audiences
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills to include word processing and spreadsheet software
For consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume to
The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
AGU proudly offers a casual work environment, excellent compensation, generous work-life opportunities, and an outstanding benefits package.
AGU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.