AGU Editorial and Society Development Manager, China
2 days left
- Sector Type
- Industry/Private Sector
Wiley is a provider of content-enabled solutions that improve outcomes in research, education, and professional practice. Our core businesses produce scientific, technical, medial, and scholarly journals, reference works, books, database services, and advertising; professional books, subscription products, certification and training services and online applications and education content and services including integrated online teaching and learning resources for undergraduate and graduate students and lifelong learners. The company’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
Position Title: AGU Editorial and Society Development Manager, China
Manager: Vice President and Editorial Director – China
Working Location: Beijing, China
Wiley China is seeking an outgoing and enthusiastic individual to lead journal growth and development initiatives in China for a high-profile portfolio of global society journals in the Earth and Space Sciences (ESS) published in partnership with the American Geophysical Union. The ideal candidate has a PhD or higher in the subject area and is highly motivated and driven with strong interpersonal skills, an extensive scientific background in related fields, and a keen understanding of the research community and ecosystem.
The successful candidate will have both editorial and business development skills and responsibilities with a focus on driving high quality journal submissions and building strong relationships with researchers and institutions in the community, representing the AGU and Wiley.
Job Scope and Responsibilities
· Implement journal and society strategies in China
· Recommend top quality original research and review material to the editors
· Liaise closely with Editors of journals to evaluate scientific research and recommend submissions
· Demonstrate sound scientific judgement when assessing research and papers
· Develop special issues with the editors as appropriate
· Recruit appropriate peer reviewers
· Attend and actively participate in local and global editorial and society meetings
· Conduct research and provide reports on key trends within ESS and related fields in China
· Support and advise Editors based on regional expertise and information on an ongoing basis
· Work closely with Marketing colleagues to develop messaging and campaigns in China
· Coordinate outreach on published content and AGU material in China and Asia
Business development responsibilities
· Identify and foster relationships with key members of the scientific community (researchers, institutes, funders, etc.) and serve as a representative of the journals, AGU and Wiley
· Represent the journals, AGU and Wiley at conferences (including speaking at them), external meetings and lab visits, and provide regular reports
· Develop and pursue partnership opportunities with institutions
· Organize scientific programming and events at local institutions
· Lead author workshops and networking events at local institutions
· Support local sales teams and execution of AGU programs in China as needed
The role is offered on a full-time, permanent basis in Wiley’s Beijing or Shanghai office. Wiley offers an attractive salary and benefits package, and a collaborative and exciting working environment.
Regional and national travel required on a regular basis in addition to 2 trips to the US each year.
· Doctoral degree in a discipline within the earth and space sciences with specific expertise in climate research (preferred) or space physics
· A broad research background, ideally 3+ years’ post-doctoral experience, and extensive network of contacts in China
· Ability to network and communicate within the research communities and foster deep and long relationships of mutual benefit to Wiley and those partnered
· Self- directed and motivated, an effective team player, able to influence with strong interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated professional communication skills in English and Mandarin (written, verbal, listening and presentation skills)
· Editorial or publishing experience is preferred but not required
Apply for AGU Editorial and Society Development Manager, China
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly