Project management and technical execution of Metocean specific projects in both Site Characterization and Asset Integrity business lines. Some fieldwork as a Metocean party chief.
- Project management of selected projects.
- Deployment, recovery and servicing of oceanographic equipment, including planning, documentation and client liaison.
- Party Chief responsibility on selected site work.
- Data processing and reporting on selected projects.
- May include selected tender support for commercial manager or operations manager.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Required):
- Have a Bachelors/Masters in Oceanography /or related science and/or 3 to 5 years of Metocean experience in all aspects of physical oceanographic and meteorological data acquisition and analysis.
- Have 1 to 2 years of project management experience.
- A thorough knowledge of various metocean standards.
- Proficiency in use of office application software.
- Familiar with modern office methods, practices, procedures and equipment, as well as filing systems and business letter writing and competent in correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
- Strong problem-solving instincts, close attention to detail and able to manage multiple deadlines.
- Possess needed interpersonal skills to be part of an operational team and liaising with contractors, clients, and in-house departments.
- Possess current driver's license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Possess or be able to obtain valid passport.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
At Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.