supervise student research at undergraduate, M.S., and Ph.D. levels as well as teach an average of three classes per academic year
University of Idaho
Division/College: College of Science
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $67,725 - $75,250 annually
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The successful candidate is expected to establish a vigorous, externally funded research program that expands the scope of our departmental capabilities while complementing and integrating with our existing strengths. S/he will supervise student research at undergraduate, M.S., and Ph.D. levels as well as teach an average of three classes per academic year at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
• Doctorate in planetary geosciences or a related field at time of application
• Ability to teach graduate and undergraduate courses suiting the needs of the department
• Expertise in planetary or early Earth geology, as indicated by dissertation research, peer-reviewed publications, and/or industry experience
• Potential to develop an externally funded research program
• Demonstrated scholarship and teaching excellence in planetary geosciences or a related field
• Ability to teach field-based courses
• Potential for collaborative research with UI faculty
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Commitment to enhancing diversity in the geological sciences
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: F000734P
Posting Date: 10/23/2018
Closing Date: 12/20/2018
Open Until Filled: No
To apply for this position, please submit the following materials:
• Cover Letter describing your qualifications for this position
• Current CV (including a list of refereed publications and record of funding)
• Statement of teaching interests and pedagogical philosophy (2 page maximum)
• Statement of research interests and experience (2 page maximum)
• Names, affiliations, telephone numbers, and email addresses of at least three references
• Statement on contributions to diversity and inclusion (upload to Other Document 1 field)
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1325990
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.