Groundwater Hydrology and Sustainability (Assistant or Associate Professor)
The Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering at Arizona State University (ASU) and the School of Sustainable Engineering and the Built Environment (SSEBE) seeks applicants for a tenured or tenure-track faculty position in groundwater hydrology and sustainability. Appointment may be at the Assistant or Associate Professorrank commensurate with the candidate’s experience and accomplishments. The projected start date is August 2019, but accommodation can be made for the best candidate.
Candidates will have a Ph.D. in civil or environmental engineering, or closely related fields, with a research focus on groundwater hydrology. We seek candidates that integrate multiple tools, including field methods and computational models, and can address groundwater challenges in arid environments and have the potential to tackle problems in the southwest United States. Research areas of interest include, but are not limited to: groundwater flow and transport, groundwater interactions with the built environment, engineering design for groundwater reuse, reclamation and remediation projects, and transboundary groundwater resources. Job responsibilities include developing an internationally recognized externally funded research program, teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, engaging in entrepreneurial activities, mentoring graduate students and undertaking service activities as appropriate to the rank.
- Ph.D. in civil or environmental engineering or a closely related field by the time of appointment.
- Demonstrated evidence of research capability and commitment to teaching excellence as appropriate to the candidate’s rank.
- Demonstrated ability to procure sponsored research appropriate to the candidate’s rank.
- Professional engineering licensure or the ability to obtain registration in a timely manner is desirable.
Review of applications will begin December 14, 2018; if not filled, additional applications will be reviewed on the 1st and 15th of the month thereafter until the search is closed. To apply, candidates will be asked to submit the following through their Interfolio Dossier.
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two-page Statement describing research interests
- Two-page Statement describing teaching interests
- Contact information for 3-5 references
For more information or questions about this position, please contact the search committee chair Enrique Vivoni via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.