Geoscientist or Mining Engineer (M.Sc)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advising the MoNREC and DoM on issues related to the supervision of the mining sector with a special focus on operation planning, standard operation procedures
- Development and improvement of inspection procedures in the Myanmar mining industry
- Organisation and implementation of inspector trainings about to mine inspection work and best practise related to environmental protection as well as OHS and mining safety
- Planning, monitoring and review of tender documents and reports to improve mining practice in the Shan State pilot area
- Planning and implementing on-the-job education and training for DoM professionals
- Documentation and presentation of project results, providing supportfor the organisation of workshops and conferences
- Representation of tasks of project lead and support of the project management.
- M.Sc. (or equivalent) in Geosciences, Mining Engineering or another mining-related discipline
- Good knowledge of the mining sector, preferably related to mining in developing countries
- Good understanding of the technical, economical, ecological and social aspects in mining
- Proof of very good English
- Good knowledge of the German language
- Suitability under tropical and pits conditions
- Flexibility and team spirit
- Intercultural competence
- Communication skills and negotiating skills
- Good organisational skills
- Experience in working in the mining sector
- Experience in development cooperation
- Experience in working in developing countries
This post is classified in the 13 grade of the Collective Agreement for the Public Services (TVöD). After a preparation period in Hannover and, if necessary, at the Academy for International Cooperation in Bad Honnef, the job holder is seconded for a period of about two years to the DOM located in NayPyiTaw, Myanmar which will be remunerated with an extra pay for working abroad.
BGR is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and from severely handicapped persons.
If you are interested in the vacancy, please send us your detailed application including CV and copies of relevant certificates. Please refer to the keyword “Mining consulting” and the reference number B 140/18. Please submit your application until 11.12.2018.
More information about BGR can be found online at www.bgr.bund.de. For further information about this vacancy, you are welcome to contact Ms. Dr. Wilken at Hildegard.Wilken@bgr.de or by phone +49/511/643-2362.
Apply for Geoscientist or Mining Engineer (M.Sc)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly