Graduate research assistant (Ph.D. students)
Riverscape dynamics laboratory at Korea University is seeking a couple of talented Ph.D. students. Research assistantship offer is available for talented students, and in such case, funding is secured to cover full tuition and to provide monthly stipend for 4 years.
Eligibility: Students who have earned Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or closely related discipline. Candidates should have basic knowledge in hydrology and numerical modeling. Students who have no experience with computer language coding will not be considered. Eligible students should also demonstrate good communication ability in English (both writing and speaking).
In our lab., various fundamental problems in Hydrology and related fields are investigated with computational, theoretical, and quantitative modeling approaches. Our current focus is on Earth’s surface dynamics, feedbacks with anthropogenic influences in the context of global environmental changes, and emergence of characteristic patterns in complex networks or systems. In particular, following research topics are under investigation.
- Holistic principles to shape Earth terrestrial landscapes
- Simulation of dynamic Earth surface environment
- Self-organized networks in natural or engineered systems
- Evolving climate and eco-system within the human time scale
- Riverscape dynamics under complex hydrological forcing
- Fundamental processes in streamflow generation
- Risk, uncertainty, and resilience in hydrosystems
Apply for Graduate research assistant (Ph.D. students)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly