Postdoctoral Research Scholar
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties of this position include data retrieval, management, analysis, and interpretation. Specifically, the duties involve working with global fossil fuel and industrial carbon emissions data. The duties may also include conversion of existing code between SAS and R languages. Collaborative efforts in journal article, technical documentation, and grant writing are expected. Additional opportunities exist for pushing the boundaries of current methods and approaches. After the first year, responsibilities will include course instruction in a field appropriate to the background of the applicant. Teaching load will be 1-2 courses per year, depending on external funding stream.
Applicants with expertise or experience in geochemical processes, GIS, or spatial statistics are strongly encouraged to apply. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups.
-Earned doctorate or other appropriate, terminal degree
-Expertise in data analysis
-Knowledge of SAS and R statistical languages
-Expertise or strong interest in climate science and energy systems
-Strong background in basic sciences
More searches like this
- Atmospheric Sciences Postdoctoral PhD jobs in $50,000 - $74,999
- Biogeosciences Postdoctoral PhD jobs in $50,000 - $74,999
- Earth and Space Science Informatics Postdoctoral PhD jobs in $50,000 - $74,999
- Geochemistry Postdoctoral PhD jobs in $50,000 - $74,999
- Global Environmental Change Postdoctoral PhD jobs in $50,000 - $74,999