Postdoc position in geochemistry at the University of Chicago
The Origins Laboratory of the Department of the Geophysical Sciences and the Enrico Fermi Institute at the University of Chicago (originslab.org) seeks applicants for a postdoctoral researcher position in isotope geochemistry-cosmochemistry. Although different backgrounds will be considered, experience in clean laboratory procedures and multicollector inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (MC-ICPMS) techniques is especially desirable. The broad themes that are being developed are (i) mass-dependent isotope variations for tracing geo-bio cycles, igneous, and cosmochemical processes, (ii) stable isotope anomalies for characterizing the heterogeneity of the nebula, identifying new presolar phases, and understanding the genetic relationships between planetary bodies, and (iii) radiogenic isotopes for chronological purposes. Completion of the Ph.D. is required. Initial appointment is for one year, renewable up to 2 times contingent upon good progress. Applications must be received by February 10, 2019; applications received after this date may be considered if the position is not filled.
A resume and the names of three references should be sent to Nicolas Dauphas (email@example.com). The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Geochemistry Postdoctoral PhD jobs in $50,000 - $74,999
- Mineral and Rock Physics Postdoctoral PhD jobs in $50,000 - $74,999
- Paleoceanography and Paleoclimatology Postdoctoral PhD jobs in $50,000 - $74,999
- Planetary Sciences Postdoctoral PhD jobs in $50,000 - $74,999
- Volcanology, Geochemistry, and Petrology Postdoctoral PhD jobs in $50,000 - $74,999