The Department of Earth and Planetary Science, Graduate School of Science, the University of Tokyo (http://www.eps.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/index-en.html) invites applications for a position at the level of Associate Professor in the area of earth and planetary system science, in particular the evolution and dynamics of the earth system including interactions between its subsystems. Applicants should preferably have a strong background in field survey techniques, laboratory experimental work, and/or numerical modeling. The University of Tokyo is committed to gender equality in hiring.
1. Job title and number of positions available
- One tenured position at the Associate Professor level
2. Field of expertise
- Earth and planetary system science (the evolution and dynamics of the earth system, including interactions between its subsystems)
3. Required Qualifications
- PhD or equivalent in a relevant field
- Ability to conduct research and education at the undergraduate and graduate levels in the field of earth system dynamics with expertise in activities such as field work, laboratory experiments, numerical modeling, etc.
- Sufficient Japanese ability for instruction at the undergraduate and graduate levels (where this is not possible at the time of appointment, this level of language proficiency is expected within five years)
4. Date of Commencement of Employment
- As early as possible after decision is made
5. Application materials required
- Curriculum vitae (this should include age, email address and other contact details, and summary of academic and professional career from high school including the date of university graduation).
- A summary of the main educational and research activities of the applicant (about 1000 words).
- List of publications and related scientific output, which should be divided into the following 4 types.
- Refereed papers and review articles (where available include the number of citations for each paper and the name of the database used)
- Non-refereed papers and review articles
- Other relevant material
- Copies of up to 5 significant publications
- Outline of aspirations and plans for research after taking office (about 1000 words)
- Outline of aspirations and plans for education after taking office (about 1000 words)
- Names and contact information for 2 referees who can provide an independent assessment of the candidate.
6. Application Deadline
- All documents must arrive on or before Thursday, 28 February 2019.
7. Document submission
- All documents should be submitted as email attachments in pdf format. The documents can be separated into several separate emails but the total size of each individual mail should not exceed 10 MB. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and the subject should be Associate Professor in Earth System Dynamics. An acknowledgement will be sent within 2 working days of receipt of the application documents.
- Prof. Eiichi Tajika
- Department of Earth and Planetary Science Graduate School of Science, The University of Tokyo
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +81 (0)3-5841-4516
Apply for Associate Professor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Geochemistry Faculty PhD jobs in $75,000 - $99,999
- Global Environmental Change Faculty PhD jobs in $75,000 - $99,999
- Interdisciplinary/Other Faculty PhD jobs in $75,000 - $99,999
- Mineral and Rock Physics Faculty PhD jobs in $75,000 - $99,999
- Paleoceanography and Paleoclimatology Faculty PhD jobs in $75,000 - $99,999