Distinguished Postdoctoral Scholar
The College of Arts, Science & Education (CASE) at Florida International University (FIU), Miami, FL (USA) is seeking multiple candidates to serve as Distinguished Postdoctoral Scholars in fields of study relevant to CASE's scholarly research areas in the sciences, humanities and education. Additionally, scholars may work with one of our preeminent centers including the Institute for Water & Environment, the Center for Children & Families, the STEM Transformation Institute, and the Global Forensic Institute and Justice Center.
The CASE Postdoctoral Scholars will work with a mentor/scholar of their choice. While the primary focus for the Postdoctoral Scholars will be to conduct scholarly activities and research, they will also be expected to interact with graduate students, participate in outreach efforts, and submit competitive research proposals where appropriate. The Postdoctoral Scholars will have the opportunity to teach if desired and will also be able to interact with faculty from across the College, as well as additional FIU faculty and external partners affiliated with the university.
Appointments will have a term of one year starting in Summer or Fall 2019 and are renewable contingent upon excellent performance. The Scholar will receive a salary of $50,000, plus benefits and a discretionary fund of up to $5,000/year for research and travel expenditures. Candidates will be selected based on demonstration of research excellence and potential future impact on their respective field of study. Qualified Candidates must have obtained a Ph.D. from their home institution prior to the beginning of the Fall Semester, August 26th, 2019.
Qualified candidates should submit the following supporting documents:
- Cover letter detailing the following:
- Introduction, including name of proposed faculty mentor.
- Summary of proposed research plan and impact expected to the field of study.
- How will the Distinguished Postdoctoral Scholar position help your personal and professional goals.
- Proposed research plan (2 pages, 11 pt. font minimum):
- Proposed research statement/question.
- Impact and approach of research, including preliminary data.
- Research Methodology and proposed timeline.
- Resources and mentorship.
- Diversity Statement (1 page).
- References sheet
- 3 professional references including name, title, institution, email and phone number.
References for candidates selected as finalists by the Search Committee will be contacted directly by FIU CASE to provide recommendation letters.
Please make sure you have contacted the potential supervisor who will be willing to be your mentor.
All candidates are required to apply through the FIU Human Resources Careers Website, careers.fiu.edu. To receive full consideration, applications and required materials should be received by April 30, 2019.
More searches like this
- Biogeosciences Postdoctoral PhD jobs in $50,000 - $74,999
- Earth and Space Science Informatics Postdoctoral PhD jobs in $50,000 - $74,999
- Interdisciplinary/Other Postdoctoral PhD jobs in $50,000 - $74,999
- Ocean Science Postdoctoral PhD jobs in $50,000 - $74,999
- Social Sciences Postdoctoral PhD jobs in $50,000 - $74,999