Tenure Track Asst or Assoc Researcher: Earth & Planetary Exploration Using Small Satellites

Hawaii Institute of Geophysics & Planetology, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI
Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience
May 22, 2019
Jul 21, 2019
Career Level
Education Level
Job Type
Tenure Track
Relocation Cost
Sector Type

The Hawai‘i Institute of Geophysics and Planetology, School of Ocean, Earth Science, and Technology, University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa, seeks applicants for a tenure-track faculty position. This is a permanent, full time (100% FTE) tenure-track position with nine months per year of state support (75%). The appointee will be required to raise the remaining 25% (3 months) of their salary support from extramural grants and contracts. Anticipated start date is July 1, 2019, or as soon as possible thereafter. The appointment will be made at either the Assistant (R3M11) or Associate (R4M11) level.

The appointee will join the Hawaii Space Flight Laboratory (http://www.hsfl.hawaii.edu) a collaborative venture between HIGP, SOEST, and the College of Engineering. We seek applicants who will lead the development of small/micro/cube satellite mission concepts, and/or the development of associated instruments and scientific payloads, in support of new Earth and planetary science missions. The successful candidates will be expected to establish a vigorous and extramurally funded research program, take an active role in student advising and teaching, and publish research results in the refereed literature.

To Apply:  please send i) a letter describing your related experience, ii) a point-by-point narrative of how you satisfy both the minimum and desirable qualifications, iii) a statement describing the research program you would pursue should you be appointed, iv) full curriculum vitae, and v) the names, addresses and emails of three people willing to write letters of recommendation. Applications should consist of a single PDF file containing items i, ii, iii, iv and v emailed to the following address:  satellite-search-2019@higp.hawaii.edu. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Review of applicants will begin on July 15, 2019, and the search will continue until the position is filled. The University of Hawai`i is an EEO/AA institution. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for this position. For full details of the duties, and minimum and desirable qualifications, please search for the relevant position number (0085911) at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/hawaiiedu