The Department of Earth and Planetary Science, Graduate School of Science, the University of Tokyo invites applications for a position at the level of Associate Professor in the area of earth and planetary system science, in particular the formation and evolution of planetary systems in the Galaxy. Applicants should have a strong background in laboratory experimental work, analysis of extraterrestrial materials, astronomical observation, and/or numerical modeling. This position is restricted to female applicants. More details of the Department are available on the website http://www.eps.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/.
1. Job title and number of positions available
- One tenured position at the Associate Professor level
2. Field of expertise
- Formation and evolution of planetary systems in the Galaxy
3. Required Qualifications
- PhD or equivalent in a relevant field
- Female (as a part of the gender equality acceleration plan in the University of Tokyo)
- Ability to conduct research and education at the undergraduate and graduate levels in the field using multiple approaches such as laboratory experimental work, analysis of extraterrestrial materials, astronomical observation, and numerical modeling.
- Sufficient Japanese ability for instruction at the undergraduate and graduate levels (where this is not possible at the time of appointment, this level of language proficiency is expected within five years)
4. Date of Commencement of Employment
- As early as possible after decision is made
5. Application materials required
- Curriculum vitae (this should include age, email address and other contact details, and summary of academic and professional career from high school including the date of university graduation)
- A summary of the main educational and research activities of the applicant (about 1000 words)
- List of publications and related scientific output, which should be divided into the following 4 types
- Refereed papers and review articles
- Non-refereed papers and review articles
- Other relevant material
- PDF files of up to 5 significant publications
- Outline of aspirations and plans for research after taking office (about 1000 words)
- Outline of aspirations and plans for education after taking office (about 1000 words)
- Names and contact information for 2 referees who can provide an independent assessment of the candidate.
6. Application Deadline
- All documents must arrive on or before Friday, 28 June 2019.
7. Document submission
- All documents should be submitted as email attachments in pdf format. The documents can be separated into several separate emails but the total size of each individual mail should not exceed 10 MB. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and the subject should be Associate Professor in Earth and Planetary System Evolution. An acknowledgement will be sent within 2 working days of receipt of the application documents.
- Prof. Shogo Tachibana
Department of Earth and Planetary Science Graduate School of Science
The University of Tokyo
Tel: +81 (0)3-5841-4430
Apply for Associate Professor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Atmospheric Sciences Faculty PhD jobs in $75,000 - $99,999
- Earth and Space Science Informatics Faculty PhD jobs in $75,000 - $99,999
- Geochemistry Faculty PhD jobs in $75,000 - $99,999
- Interdisciplinary/Other Faculty PhD jobs in $75,000 - $99,999
- Mineral and Rock Physics Faculty PhD jobs in $75,000 - $99,999