Research Associate in Isotope Geochemistry
Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.
Job Description: Research Associate in Isotope Geochemistry
The Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences at Boston College is currently searching for a full-time research associate to work in an isotope geochemistry laboratory.
- Perform experiments and analyze samples in an isotope geochemistry laboratory (specializing in nitrogen isotope analyses of environmental samples).
- Maintain laboratory equipment, including an isotope ratio mass spectrometer.
- Coordinate with vendors to order laboratory supplies.
- Assists in the development, design, and conduct of research.
- Work independently on collection of data.
- Participates in the interpretation of data.
- May co-author publications and may co-present results at meetings or conferences.
- May supervise other research support personnel (e.g., undergraduate and graduate students).
- Degree Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in Geochemistry, Chemistry, Biology or relevant field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Some relevant post-Bachelor’s research experience in a laboratory.
- Prior experience performing independent lab work with complex techniques.
- Prior experience using isotope ratio mass spectrometer.
- Prior experience working in a clean room.
Please send a CV, names and contact information for two references, and a cover letter describing your background and suitability for this position. To apply: please click here https://bc.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=3009&site=1
For inquires please contact Dr. Xingchen (Tony) Wang directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.