Funded PhD Opportunities in Active Tectonics and Natural Hazards
Funded PhD opportunities in active tectonics, remote sensing, and induced seismicity starting Spring or Fall 2020 are available in the Geodesy and Earth Mechanics Lab led by Dr. Jeremy Maurer at Missouri University of Science and Technology. Potential projects include (but are not limited to) applying statistical techniques to the study of induced seismicity to characterize stress in the crust and developing improved atmospheric corrections for InSAR.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in geophysics, geology, physics, or a related field
- Minimum GRE scores: 150 (Quantitative), 147 (Verbal)
- Must meet Missouri S&T’s and the GGPE department admission requirements: https://futurestudents.mst.edu/admissions/graduate-on-campus/
In addition, candidates should have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience with or interest to learn computer programming
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send a CV/resume, unofficial transcripts, and GRE scores to Dr. Maurer, or may visit the GEMLab website at https://sites.google.com/view/mst-gemlab/ for more information. Qualified applicants will be directed to submit a formal application to the University. Missouri S&T is committed to diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
To learn more about Dr. Maurer's research, visit https://sites.google.com/view/mst-gemlab/. To learn more about Missouri S&T visit https://www.mst.edu/, and to learn more about the Geosciences and Geological and Petroleum Engineering department visit https://ggpe.mst.edu/. Follow Dr. Maurer on Twitter @JeremyLMaurer!