Tenure-track Assistant Professor in Meteorology
The Department of Geological and Atmospheric Sciences in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Iowa State University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty appointment in Meteorology at the rank of Assistant Professor.
The successful candidate will be expected to build a nationally recognized, externally funded research program; mentor graduate and undergraduate students; and teach undergraduate and graduate courses (particularly in boundary layer meteorology and numerical modeling or remote sensing). Possible research areas include, but are not limited to, boundary layer meteorology, numerical modeling of high impact weather and climate events, and land-surface interaction. The candidate should also have excellent communication skills and be able to interact with other faculty, staff, and students. Additionally, the successful candidate will have a commitment to excellence in research, teaching at all levels, and performance of service duties.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- PhD in Atmospheric Sciences or closely related field
- Evidence of research and expertise studying atmospheric phenomena
- Record of publication/creative activity
- Demonstrated potential to establish a successful, externally funded research program that complements existing strengths in the department
- Demonstrated potential to attain excellence in teaching at the graduate and undergraduate levels
- Demonstrated potential to teach undergraduate and graduate level courses in boundary layer meteorology, numerical modeling, or remote sensing
- Proven ability to work with diverse populations of students, faculty, and staff
Department Unit/Website: https://ge-at.iastate.edu/
Proposed Start Date: August 16, 2020
Application Instructions: To apply for this position, please go to https://isu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/IowaStateJobs/job/Ames-IA/Assistant-Professor-of-Meteorology_R345 and click on “Apply” and complete the Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Application/Cover Letter
- Contact Information for Three Professional References
If you have questions regarding this application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485.
For consideration, submit application before: September 30, 2019
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against. Inquiries can be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity, 3410 Beardshear Hall, 515 Morrill Road, 515 294-7612, email email@example.com.