ACES Fellowship- Faculty pipeline initiative, Texas A&M University
Texas A&M University’s College of Geosciences invites applications for the Accountability, Climate, Equity, and Scholarship (ACES) Fellows Program. In recognition of Texas A&M University's Diversity Plan, the ACES faculty pipeline initiative promotes the research, teaching, and scholarship of early career scholars who embrace the belief that diversity is an indispensable component of academic excellence. ACES Fellows will benefit from: prescriptive mentoring, access to instructional best practices, a vast array of world-class research and productivity resources, and a robust network of renowned Texas A&M scholars from across disciplines. Fellows will begin their appointment in Fall 2021.
In partnership with the College of Geosciences, the ACES Fellows Program is funded by the Office of the Provost and administered by the Office for Diversity at Texas A&M University. The College welcomes applications from scholars whose work aligns with a field or department in the Geosciences and demonstrates strength in, and evidence of, a respect for diversity and inclusion.
ABOUT THE 2020-2021 ACES FELLOWS PROGRAM
· Texas A&M University’s ACES Fellows Program is a two-year (24 month) fellowship for early career PhDs. Applicants should have earned their PhD between January 1, 2017 and July 1, 2021. Fellows begin their appointment fall 2021.
· The stipend is $60,000 per year plus benefits. Benefits including medical, dental, and vision are available. The fellowship period generally begins August 1 and ends on July 31. Start dates are negotiable, but must commence between July 1 and August 10.
· Fellows will receive reimbursement for one-time relocation fees (up to $5,000), a research and travel allowance of $3,000 per year, and a private office.
· The College of Geosciences will provide additional funding to support research related expenses.
· ACES Fellows will teach one course per academic year, thereby benefiting from dedicated research time. Fellows will hold the title of Visiting Assistant Professor.
· A hallmark of the Texas A&M University’s ACES Fellows Program is the mentoring ACES Fellows will receive, as well as its attention to community-building among ACES Fellows.
Applications are welcome from scholars with a strength in, and evidence of, a respect for diversity and inclusion. We invite applications from scholars whose work aligns with a field or department in College of Geosciences. Applicants' doctoral degrees should be completed between January 1, 2017 and July 1, 2021.
For more information about the program and its application requirements, visit the ACES program description. The application must be submitted online and is available at: https://apply.interfolio.com/74757. Applications are due by 9 a.m. CST on October 1, 2020.
For any questions related to eligibility or technical issues with the application, please email email@example.com. For questions pertaining the College of Geosciences, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values