Graduate Student Research Residency at DOE National Laboratories (SCGSR)
6 days left
- Sector Type
Applications for the Office of Science Graduate Student Research (SCGSR) program are now open for 2020 Solicitation 2. Applications are due November 12, 2020 at 5:00 PM ET.
Apply at https://science.osti.gov/wdts/scgsr/
The Office of Science Graduate Student Research (SCGSR) program provides supplemental awards to U.S. graduate students to pursue part of their graduate thesis research at a DOE laboratory/facility in areas that address scientific challenges central to the Office of Science mission.
SCGSR awardees have the opportunity for deep immersion in a world-class research and professional development environment at DOE national laboratories. Awardees conduct part of their thesis research at a host DOE laboratory/facility in collaboration with a DOE laboratory scientist within a defined award period. Collaborating DOE Laboratory Scientists may be from any of the participating DOE national laboratories/facilities. The research opportunity is expected to advance the graduate students’ overall doctoral thesis while providing access to the expertise, resources, and capabilities available at the DOE laboratories/facilities.
- Monthly stipend (up to $3000) to cover living expenses during the award period
- Travel allowance (up to $2000) for round-trip travel between the home graduate institution and host DOE laboratory.
- The award period for the proposed research project at DOE laboratories/facilities may range from 3 to 12 consecutive months.
Graduate students currently pursuing Ph.D. degrees in areas of physics, chemistry, material sciences, biology (non-medical), mathematics, engineering, computer or computational sciences, or specific areas of environmental sciences that are aligned with the mission of the Office of Science are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
More searches like this
- Atmospheric Sciences Student / Graduate PhD jobs in Up to $20,000
- Biogeosciences Student / Graduate PhD jobs in Up to $20,000
- Cryosphere Sciences Student / Graduate PhD jobs in Up to $20,000
- Geochemistry Student / Graduate PhD jobs in Up to $20,000
- Global Environmental Change Student / Graduate PhD jobs in Up to $20,000