Full Professor of Modelling of Biogeochemical Systems
Consider making the switch to the University of Freiburg: It is one of the most renowned and strongest research universities in Germany, with a history spanning more than 500 years. You’ll engage in top-notch research and teaching with a unique spectrum of disciplines, perspectives, and people – right in the heart of one of Germany’s most beautiful cities.
The University of Freiburg’s human resources policy is oriented toward the principles of equal opportunity and diversity. The university is committed to the goal of creating a family-friendly university.
The Faculty of Environment and Natural Resources of the University of Freiburg invites applications for a
Full Professorship (W3) for Modelling of Biogeochemical Systems in the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences to be filled by April, 1st 2021. This professorship is also particularly suitable for highly qualified early career researchers. This professorship is responsible for teaching and research in the field of Modelling Biogeochemical Systems. The research focus is on calibrated, balanced, terrestrial ecosystem models, such as soil-vegetation-atmosphere or earth system models. Particular importance is placed on the integration and assimilation of environmental data, as well as the quantification of prediction uncertainty. In this way the position contributes substantially to synthesising our process understanding in natural and human-impacted systems. Links to existing research interests in the faculty are expected, as well as a multi-scale research approach.
A special commitment to teaching in environmental science courses (bachelor and master level) is expected. The teaching focuses on the balancing of material flows, their representation in process models and on numerical environmental modeling.
The ideal applicant has
- research experience in the field of biogeochemical modeling;
- expertise in data assimilation of environmental data;
- an interdisciplinary and international research profile.
Prerequisites for the employment of Professors are a university degree, an outstanding dissertation and an excellent publication record. Substantial achievements and experience in academic research and teaching, at the level of a Habilitation according to the German academic system, are expected.
We are particularly pleased to receive applications from women for the position advertised here.
The following application documents are to be submitted:
- Curriculum vitae
- Certificates of degrees and academic qualifications
- Complete list of papers and invited lectures specifying the five most important publications (and provision of ORCID-ID, Google Scholar Citation index, etc.)
- List of current and previous projects including the financial support received
- Concept paper outlining future research and teaching foci (max. 1-2 pages)
Please send your application including supporting documents mentioned above ant the application form (http://www.zuv.uni-freiburg.de/formulare/bewerbungsbogen_englisch.pdf) citing the reference number 00001190 by September 30th 2020 at the latest.
Please send your application to the following address in written or electronic form:
An den Vorsitzenden der Berufungskommission, Dekan Prof. Dr. Heiner Schanz, Fakultät für Umwelt und Natürliche Ressourcen, Tennenbacherstr. 4, 79106 Freiburg, Germany, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information on the appointment procedure can be found in the Procedure Governing Appointments to Professorships at the University of Freiburg, available under http://www.zuv.uni-freiburg.de/formulare/berufungsleitfaden-en.pdf
For important legal information, see http://www.uni-freiburg.de/stellen
More searches like this
- Atmospheric Sciences Faculty PhD jobs in $100,000 - $124,999
- Biogeosciences Faculty PhD jobs in $100,000 - $124,999
- Earth and Space Science Informatics Faculty PhD jobs in $100,000 - $124,999
- Geochemistry Faculty PhD jobs in $100,000 - $124,999
- Global Environmental Change Faculty PhD jobs in $100,000 - $124,999