Geosciences Future Faculty Postdoctoral Program
Who we are
The College of Geosciences at Texas A&M University offers a comprehensive program in geoscience research, education and engagement. The College is made up of a diverse mix of academic departments and programs that examine the solid Earth, the atmosphere, the oceans, and human cultures to address the intimate relationships between people and Earth systems. The College of Geosciences is home to four departments and home to nine research centers and consortiums that focus on interdisciplinary and collaborative research aimed at addressing global issues that affect our everyday lives. Learn more about us at geosciences.tamu.edu.
What we want
The College of Geosciences at Texas A&M University in College Station, TX invites applications for two (2) Geoscience Future Faculty (GFF) Postdoctoral Research Associate Fellowships. This competitive fellowship is open to individuals who aspire to develop research programs of their own as faculty members. The College of Geosciences is one of the nation’s most comprehensive Earth-system colleges and is committed to the discovery, advancement and application of knowledge fundamental to understanding our planet and its resources for a sustainable future. Our disciplinary research and educational excellence are built on cutting-edge analyses and observations, numerical simulations and theoretical studies, and field-based data collection at all spatial and temporal scales. The selected candidate(s) will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) as stated above. We welcome applicants with research interests connected to one of our four departments- Atmospheric Sciences, Geography, Geology & Geophysics, and Oceanography. In addition, individuals with backgrounds in other related disciplines i.e. chemistry, physics, biology, environmental science, or mathematics and an interest in applying their skills to research topics within the Geosciences are encouraged to apply.
The goals of the GFF Postdoctoral Research Associate Fellowship are to advance interdisciplinary research, increase diversity within the geosciences and develop future leaders. The College of Geosciences is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive climate for faculty, staff, and students. We seek a postdoctoral fellow with a demonstrated track record of a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
What you need to know
The postdoctoral position is awarded for two years and includes a generous support package comprised of a stipend ($60,000/yr) for a 12-month appointment, research funds ($15,000/yr, including relocation support), plus health-care benefits. In addition, postdoctoral fellows join college-wide GFF postdocs and additional department-level postdocs. The cohort will engage in structured one-on-one mentoring and will have access to customized professional development opportunities such as grant writing, publication training, teaching seminars, and other desired trainings to support their preparation for faculty careers.
Cover Letter/CV/References: A current CV, short statement (2-3 pages) of research interests and a proposed research plan, A statement (2 pages) explaining how the applicant’s scholarship, teaching, and/or other experiences have demonstrated a commitment to diversity and how that commitment may benefit the College of Geosciences and Texas A&M University. For more information about diversity and climate efforts in the College of Geosciences: https://geosciences.tamu.edu/diversity-climate/resources-for-candidates/index.html, and Endorsement letter (1 page) from the sponsoring faculty member (if more than one mentor has been identified, submit a single letter identifying both mentors are strongly recommended. Letters of recommendation will be requested of finalist candidates. Please include direct experience aligned with the job responsibilities. You may upload these items in the CV/Resume section, or upon answering the questionnaire you may attach those documents. All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check. Questions regarding this position should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be submitted through Workday. The review of applications will begin January 22, 2021.
COVID-19 information: Texas A&M University monitors and updates our recruiting, hiring and onboarding processes to align with local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. Each department has established both remote and in-person procedures for conducting these processes, which include sanitizing common spaces, a mask policy, and maintaining safe physical distancing to the extent possible. Departments will provide the procedures to be followed at each step of the recruiting process.
- GFF Postdoctoral Research Associate Fellowship is a program for early career PhDs. Applicants should have earned their PhD between December 2017- December 2021, and are expected to start by September 2021
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Research interests connected to one of our four Geosciences departments- Atmospheric Sciences, Geography, Geology & Geophysics, and Oceanography
- Individuals with backgrounds in other related disciplines i.e. chemistry, physics, biology, environmental science, or mathematics and an interest in applying their skills to research topics within the Geosciences
- Research - Conduct research in line with the approved research proposal submitted to the faculty mentor. This may include the development of grant proposals to support future lines of research.
- Research Dissemination - Engage on campus, nationally, and internationally to support the dissemination of research through traditional publication venues, conferences, and avenues.
- Mentoring and Professional Development Training - Actively engage with college-wide mentors. Participate in customized professional development opportunities geared towards preparation for a faculty career. Performs other duties as assigned.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
More searches like this
- Atmospheric Sciences Postdoctoral PhD jobs in $50,000 - $74,999
- Biogeosciences Postdoctoral PhD jobs in $50,000 - $74,999
- Cryosphere Sciences Postdoctoral PhD jobs in $50,000 - $74,999
- Earth and Space Science Informatics Postdoctoral PhD jobs in $50,000 - $74,999
- Geochemistry Postdoctoral PhD jobs in $50,000 - $74,999