Five Research Assistants (PhD, m/f/d) in the field of Geodesy (Salary Scale 13 TV-L, 100 %)
In course of the CRC TerraQ, the Institute of Geodesy invites applications for five positions of
Research Assistants (PhD, m/f/d) in the field of Geodesy
(Salary Scale 13 TV-L, 100 %)
starting as soon as possible. The positions are limited to 3 years.
Responsibilities and duties
The successful candidates will be responsible for the independent work on one of the following research projects:
- A05 Interferometric Fibre Links: characterizing dominant errors in GNSS frequency transfer thanks to IFL in cooperation with PTB, developing new PPP concepts for GNSS frequency transfer, carrying out experiments for GNSS frequency transfer in the lab and in the field
- B01 New Measurement Concepts with Laser Interferometers: study of optical accelerometry and gradiometry for future gravity field missions, development of corresponding mission concepts
- C02 Terrestrial Clock Networks: Fundamental Physics and Applications: study on the use of clock networks (relativistic geodesy with clocks) for geodetic applications such as height systems and monitoring of mass variations
- C04 Gravity Field Solution by Exploiting the Full Potential of GRACE Follow-On: implement the extended acceleration approach including stochastic modelling, investigate suitable parametrization for deterministic modelling of instrument effects, develop better descriptions for spatial and temporal sampling of GRACE and GRACE-FO
- C05/C01 Modelling of Mass Variations Down to Small Scales by Quantum Sensor Fusion/Groundwater Gravimetry: Gravimetric observations, data harmonization and combination, relative weighting and regional modelling in cooperation with HCU and GFZ Potsdam
To qualify for the position, applicants must hold a scientific university degree (Master, Diploma, or equivalent) in Geodesy or any related field. In addition, very good knowledge in computer coding is expected. We require very good written and spoken English, organisational skills, initiative and the ability and willingness to familiarise oneself with new areas of work.
What we offer
The DFG Collaborative Research Centre CRC 1464 "TerraQ - relativistic and quantum-based geodesy" is characterised by its unique interdisciplinarity of quantum physics and geodesy. TerraQ aims to advance quantum-based measurement concepts for monitoring mass changes from space and on ground, combined with the corresponding data analysis and modelling, in order to provide sophisticated tools that significantly enhance our knowledge on the involved change processes in the system Earth.
We offer PhD students research challenges at the highest level, project responsibility and a top-class international network. With our integrated graduate school, we offer a wide range of further education opportunities in our interdisciplinary research field and soft skills to prepare for a successful career.
Part-time employment is possible.
As an equal opportunities employer, Leibniz University Hannover intends to promote women and men. For this reason, suitably qualified women are specifically invited to apply. Preference will be given to equally qualified applicants with disabilities.
For further information, please contact Ms Dr. Mona Weyrauch (Phone: 0511 762-17402, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org). For more information see: https://wiki.projekt.uni-hannover.de/ife-terraq/start
Please submit your application with supporting documents until 15.01.2021 in electronic form to Email: email@example.com
or alternatively via postal mail to:
Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Universität Hannover
Institute of Geodesy
Ms. Dr. Mona Weyrauch
Schneiderberg 50, 30167 Hannover
Please indicate, which project you like to work on. We will start sighting of applications from January 15th, 2021. Applications that are submitted after that date might be taken into account until the positions are filled.
Information on the collection of personal data according to article 13 GDPR can be found at https://www.uni-hannover.de/en/datenschutzhinweis-bewerbungen/.