Research Physical Scientist
The Ecosystems & Fisheries-Oceanography Coordinated Investigations (EcoFOCI) Program of NOAA’s Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory (PMEL) in Seattle, WA is seeking a highly qualified research scientist/principal investigator with extensive knowledge and experience in physical oceanography and its influence on marine ecosystems. The incumbent of this position:
- Will provide scientific and technical leadership in managing and directing research, working with interdisciplinary teams of scientists in the pursuit of common observational and research goals,
- Will interact with observationalists and modelers dedicated to the study of high-latitude marine ecosystem science,
- Must have experience publishing research papers in the peer-reviewed literature,
- Must have experience in the proposal, planning, organization, and execution of physical oceanographic field research programs to collect observational data,
- At the full performance level, will develop and coordinate national and international interdisciplinary studies.
This is a full time permanent position (Research Physical Scientist, ZP 4-5, GS-14/15) with an annual salary range of $99,941.00 to $170,800.00. The closing date for this announcement is January 19, 2021.
Applicants for this position must apply at USAJOBS at this link: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587611600.
Detailed information on qualification requirements and how to apply are described in the announcement. U.S. Citizenship is required. Further information on NOAA/PMEL and the EcoFOCI Program can be found at www.pmel.noaa.gov and www.ecofoci.noaa.gov.
THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER