Postdoctoral Researcher in hydrology/earth science
1 day left
- Sector Type
The Gardner Hydrology Lab in the Department of Geology and Environmental Science at the University of Pittsburgh is seeking applicants for a postdoctoral researcher broadly interested in river hydrology, geomorphology, sediment flux, and water quality. We are specifically looking for applicants interested in “Global patterns and drivers of suspended sediment in rivers using satellite remote sensing” with potential to work on other related projects.
Position Details: The position is funded for two years and housed within the Department of Geology and Environmental Science at the University of Pittsburgh working with Dr. John Gardner and collaborators. The position may be extended pending funding. Annual salary starts at $56,000. Benefits include health/dental/vision coverage as well as optional access to other university benefits. Start date is negotiable but preferably between July and October of 2021.
- PhD in one of the following fields: environmental science, geology, hydrology, remote sensing, computer science, physical geography, engineering, limnology, physics or related fields.
- Experience with remote sensing, computer programming, and google earth engine
- Experience with optical remote sensing, geospatial data, and machine learning.
- Expertise working with large datasets using computer programming (e.g. python, R, and Google Earth Engine, etc.).
- Commitment to open data and code practices.
- Interest in collaborating/mentoring undergraduate and graduate students.
- Ability to work on multiple projects.
To apply: Please email Dr. John Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject: Postdoc Opportunity and the following combined as 1 pdf attachment:
- A cover letter describing your career goals, experience, and interest in the position.
- Resume/CV including contact information for 3 professional references.
Review of applicants and virtual interviews will occur on a rolling basis and will continue until the position is filled with a deadline February 1st, 2021 for priority consideration. Official applications should be submitted to the Pitt Talent Center by this date as well.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and diversity. We strongly encourage members of minoritized and under-represented groups in academia to apply.
Pittsburgh has strong research programs and is a center for machine learning, technology, and the arts with the combined efforts of the University Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon University, and The Carnegie Museums. Pittsburgh was recently named “American’s Most Livable City” by the Places Rated Almanac, boasts a low cost of living, a stunning cityscape and parks, and is home to a number of world-class museums, a thriving arts and food scene. The city is also located within a short drive of multiple parks in the rolling hills and forests of the Great Lakes, Laurel Highlands and Allegheny Mountains.
Apply for Postdoctoral Researcher in hydrology/earth science
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly