Safeguards Information Analyst (Environmental Sampling) P4
Reporting to the Team Leader (Environmental Sampling), the Safeguards Information Analyst (Environmental Sampling) contributes to the IAEA’s overall objective to maintain and further develop an effective and efficient verification system through the implementation and development of the environmental sampling programme for safeguards. The Safeguards Information Analyst (Environmental Sampling) contributes directly to the IAEA’s ability to draw timely and sound safeguards conclusions through the prompt acquisition and analysis of data from safeguards activities and safeguards declarations.
The Safeguards Information Analyst (Environmental Sampling) is: 1) a specialist, providing comprehensive advice on the most efficient and effective methods of conducting environmental sampling; 2) a key player in developing and improving environmental sampling plans and in assessing the quality of measurements and the effectiveness of inspection results as a service to the Department; and 3) a team member, collaborating with colleagues to identify and apply the best methods for sound and timely interpretation and evaluation of analysis results from environmental samples.
Functions / Key Results Expected
- Perform complex evaluations of Network of Analytical Laboratories (NWAL) analytical results for forensic nuclear significance of material present on environmental samples collected by safeguards inspectors.
- Perform quality control on the results, follow up on any issues, and provide in-depth environmental sampling reports to the Department, thereby contributing to State Evaluation Reports and the annual Safeguards Implementation Report which address the correctness and completeness of Member States' declarations concerning their nuclear materials and activities.
- Supervise the evaluation of environmental sampling results provided by NWAL as well as the timely reporting of the related conclusions to relevant Departmental stakeholders and liaise with SGAS and NWAL in the framework of environmental sampling analysis matters.
- Participate in the planning of environmental sample collections, contribute to improvements in sampling procedures and sample processing, as well as to the implementation of environmental sampling under the Additional Protocol and procedures related to illicit trafficking.
- Design, implement and utilize nuclear fuel cycle modelling tools and participate in State Evaluation Groups for assigned States to contribute to the State Evaluation Process and related activities.
- Serve as a task officer for Member State Support Programme tasks to investigate, develop, and/or improve analytical methods, sampling procedures or strategies, QA/QC measures, and evaluation approaches.
- Subject to approval by the Board of Governors, participate in safeguards inspections and complementary accesses and provide support to in-field verification activities.
- Participate as a lecturer in conferences, seminars and training courses for safeguards inspectors and State representatives.
More searches like this
- Atmospheric Sciences Experienced Bachelors jobs in $75,000 - $99,999
- Biogeosciences Experienced Bachelors jobs in $75,000 - $99,999
- Earth and Space Science Informatics Experienced Bachelors jobs in $75,000 - $99,999
- Mineral and Rock Physics Experienced Bachelors jobs in $75,000 - $99,999
- Natural Hazards Experienced Bachelors jobs in $75,000 - $99,999