Postdoctoral Researcher - Rangeland Carbon Dynamics
7 days left
- Sector Type
- Non-Government Organization/Non-Profit
Postdoctoral Researcher Opportunity
Falmouth, Massachusetts/remote through the COVID-19 pandemic
SUMMARY: Woodwell Climate Research Center (Woodwell) seeks a postdoctoral researcher to join a multidisciplinary team developing tools to better track and understand changes in rangeland carbon dynamics. The project will combine new field monitoring, existing data streams, remote sensing and process-based numerical modeling to build an open public-facing system for tracking changes in vegetative productivity and soil carbon storage across space and time. We envision this Rangeland Carbon Tracking and Management tool having academic, educational and carbon market applications.
- Lead development of the Rangeland Carbon Tracking and Management tool
- Efficiently process and downscale spatial and remote sensing data products from multiple platforms
- Develop a field sampling optimization strategy to support high resolution mapping of soil properties using predictive soil mapping principles
- Assist with field campaigns in Colorado
- Adapt and refine code for carbon cycle model
- Develop a web application for the public to access the model
- Lead the development of manuscripts describing model development and application
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ph.D. (granted or expected soon) in earth system science, climate science, soil science, data science, or related disciple
- Demonstrated knowledge of carbon cycling in terrestrial ecosystems
- Experience implementing carbon cycle models
- Strong data science skills including proficiency in spatial data analysis
- Experience with cloud-computing and Google Earth Engine
- Superior oral and written communication and networking skills
- Ability to work as a member of a highly collaborative team in a fast-paced environment
Application Deadline: March 5, 2021, or until filled
Desired Start Date: April 6, 2021
Classification and Compensation: This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position. The salary range is $60,000 to $65,000. This is a 2-year fixed-term appointment with the potential to extend. Woodwell offers a very generous benefits package.
Location: Falmouth, Massachusetts preferred, remote possible through the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Classification and Compensation: This is a full-time, salaried, at-will, fixed-term, exempt position. The salary range is $60,000 to $65,000. This is a 2-year appointment with the potential to extend. Woodwell offers a very generous benefits package.
Application Instructions: To apply, please send your cover letter addressing your experience and qualifications in relation to the responsibilities of this position, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Please type JSPD21 in the subject line.
Located on a 10-acre campus near the village of Woods Hole, Woodwell Climate Research Center (Woodwell) is a private, non-profit research center. Woodwell is a leading source of climate science that drives the urgent action needed to solve climate change. Woodwell has 60+ staff members, and attracts some of today’s top experts on global climate change science.
Woodwell Climate Research Center is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information. Woodwell is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.
Apply for Postdoctoral Researcher - Rangeland Carbon Dynamics
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly