Summer Exploration Geology Internship
Summer Exploration Internship
Lithium Americas is a development-stage company with a focus on developing a sustainable, diversified supply of lithium chemicals that underpin the future of energy storage and mobile transportation. We unlock value through safe operation of our sites, understanding the key value drivers and needs of our customers and the communities in which we operate, taking an innovative and practical approach to the challenges we face. We work closely as an organization and with key stakeholders to deliver solutions.
The Summer Exploration Interns will work with the Lithium Americas geological exploration team to characterize the geology of sedimentary lithium resources in the United States. Successful applicants will be tasked with collecting samples for geochemical analysis, field and desktop geological mapping of sites, synthesizing field and laboratory data, and writing reports. The internship will be based in Reno, Nevada, though most work will be field based (remote). The internship is expected to last June -September, 2021. Housing, a monthly stipend of $3,000 USD, and travel expenses will be provided.
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Earth Science, Geology, Sedimentology, Volcanology, Geochemistry, Structural Geology, or a related discipline. Candidates who have completed or are working towards graduate degrees in Earth Science are strongly preferred.
- Extensive field experience is mandatory. This includes, but is not limited to, geochemical sample collection, geological mapping of complex geological structures, stratigraphic section collection and analysis.
- A strong understanding of sedimentary geology, stratigraphic principles, GIS software and Adobe Illustrator are required.
- Commitment to safe field practices is required.
- Comfortable with working in hot & arid conditions, camping, and operating machinery.
- Strong motivation skills including thinking outside the box, demonstrating high energy and delivering creative solutions.
- Be a team player: have outstanding communication and organizational skills, be flexible and able to work with team members throughout the organization in a positive manner.
- Given ongoing international travel restrictions due to COVID-19, applicants must reside in the United States in order to be considered for this position.
- Must possess valid authorization to work in the United States and a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Other duties and requirements as assigned.
If interested, please apply online at www.lithiumamericas.com/careers along with following the prompts to upload your resume and a sample geological map you have created.
Applications must be received by April 9, 2021. Interviews for qualified applicants will take place April 12-23, 2021.
Lithium Nevada Corp. (LNC) is a subsidiary of Lithium Americas Corp. (LAC). Lithium Americas Corp. is a Canadian publicly listed company with two advanced-stage lithium development projects, in Argentina and Nevada, USA. We value diversity in the workplace and are committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates. EOE