Supervisory Research Physical Scientist (ZP-1301-5)
As a Supervisory Research Physical Scientist, you will perform the following duties:
- Serve as a visionary leader and chief of the GML Ozone and Water Vapor (OZWV) Division, and as an expert in atmospheric science, including stratospheric ozone and related areas of research. Conduct work that involves decisions, actions, and recommendations that focus on OZWV priorities, funding, and allocation of organizational resources.
- Direct the development and implementation of an outstanding atmospheric research program, including resources and operations. Contribute to data collection that will inform policy by providing unassailable atmospheric research, development, and transition of technology to enhance stakeholder benefit.
- Analyze and interpret trace gas and/or water vapor measurements using innovative research approaches that provide new insights for atmospheric science and result in a strong publication record.
- Provide feedback, constructive communication, improvement pathways, and evaluation for all employees that incorporates scientific excellence, strategic direction, and policy relevance. Provide scientific direction and career building opportunities for supervisees. Participate in all facets of the personnel process; recommend appointment, promotion, or reassignment. Identify developmental and training needs. Address poor performance and manage conflict.
- Provide financial oversight of the OZWV budget and responsibly optimize the return on investment to balance needs of ongoing network, new technology, and budget uncertainties; actively pursue funding opportunities. Provide guidance and long-term direction for employees while evaluating current research direction and needs.
- Occasional travel - Up to 15% of domestic or foreign travel may be required for this position.
More searches like this