CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Fibre Based Distributed Sensing
- Do you have a PhD (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as observational/computational seismology and geophysics?
- Contribute to the development of imaging and monitoring technologies of the subsurface across multiple scales
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s leading scientific research organisation!
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
CSIRO is currently seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to join the Deep Earth Imaging Future Science Platform. The Postdoctoral Fellow will conduct innovative research to develop novel data processing algorithms and contribute to the fibre optic-based sensing theoretical foundations for the development of imaging and monitoring technologies of the subsurface across multiple scales.
Your duties will include:
- Development of new cost-effective and sustainable 4D monitoring with datasets recorded at distributed acoustic sensing platforms for onshore and offshore domains relevant to subsurface monitoring i.e. microseismic monitoring, CCS plume monitoring with passive and active wavefields.
- Contribute to the Deep Earth Imaging research team's effective functioning and help deliver to CSIRO’s organisational objectives, plans, and strategies.
- Carrying out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Recording, managing, and analysing data/information using relevant domain data science techniques
Location: Perth, WA
Salary: AU$88k - AU$96k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as observational/computational seismology and geophysics. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part-time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Experience in fibre based imaging & monitoring using active and/or passive sources.
- Demonstrated experience and skill in high performance computer programming.
- High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including the presentation of research outcomes at national and international conferences.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line via CSIRO website, and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
5 July 2021, 11:00pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time)