The Chinese University of Hong Kong
CUHK Vice-Chancellor Early Career Professorships
Closing Date: 30 September 2021
The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) is a forward-looking comprehensive research university ranked among the best and the most international in the world.
We invite outstanding young talents from around the world to join us as Assistant Professor or Associate Professor under the University’s new flagship Vice-Chancellor Early Career Professorship Scheme.
(i) be an early career academic or researcher, including clinician-scientists, with a PhD or equivalent degree from a reputable institution;
(ii) demonstrate strong potential for independent and innovative research; and
(iii) have some relevant teaching experience.
Candidates interested in the following four interdisciplinary research areas are especially encouraged to apply, although applications in other research fields are also welcome.
• China: Tradition and Modernity
• Information and Automation Technology
• Innovative Biomedicine
• Environment and Sustainability
The new CUHK Strategic Plan 2021-2025, “CUHK 2025: Excellence with Purpose and Responsibility”, may now be viewed at https://www.cuhk.edu.hk.
Successful candidates will be offered:
• Named tenure-track appointment as “Vice-Chancellor Assistant Professor” or “Vice-Chancellor Associate Professor”
• Basic salary of not less than HK$1 million per annum plus one-off start-up fund of up to HK$2 million
• Benefits such as relocation support, housing allowance, leave, medical benefits and retirement benefits
• Teaching load reduction for the first two years and abundant opportunities for interdisciplinary or cross-Faculty collaboration
Interested parties are welcome to visit our website at https://www.hro.cuhk.edu.hk/en-gb/career/vc-early-career-professorships for details. Applicants should submit the application materials via the online application system including a curriculum vitae, a research plan, a teaching statement, and contact information of three referees.