Project Manager III – Data Products Manager, Remote Options are Available
2 days left
- Sector Type
- Non-Government Organization/Non-Profit
UNAVCO, Inc. is accepting applications for a Project Manager III – Data Products Manager.
Application Process: For full position announcement and to apply, visit UNAVCO's career website at https://www.unavco.org/careers/. Application review begins July 19, 2021 and will continue until position is filled.
Application Materials: Applicants must provide a cover letter and updated resume. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Benefits: UNAVCO offers very competitive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Supplemental Benefits, 4 weeks Paid Time Off (PTO), and a retirement plan with a 10% employer contribution.
Where You Will Work:
UNAVCO maintains and operates the Geodetic Facility for the Advancement of Geoscience (GAGE) which provides support to the NSF investigator community for geodesy, Earth Sciences research, education and workforce development with broad societal benefits. As part of GAGE, UNAVCO operates a large network of geodetic instruments (primarily GNSS) and a world class data facility and archive which provides cyber infrastructure to support the full data life cycle and interoperability with national and international Earth science Data Centers.
What You Will Do:
While supporting traditional functions of the UNAVCO Data Products Manager providing support for data product generation and operations for UNAVCO and the GAGE facility, this position will also support UNAVCO’s transition to a cloud native architecture and the normalization of the NOTA network to high-rate, low latency applications like ShakeAlert. These activities support the next generation of geodetic applications from the study of plate tectonics and earthquakes to real-time precise vehicle navigation and fiducial networks. A brief summary of the position follows:
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversees all aspects of assigned project(s). Works with team and stakeholders to define project requirements.
- Develops and implements mechanisms for monitoring and forecasting project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project members, managers and sponsors.
- Leads the effort to develop the baseline risk management and mitigation strategy for the project.
- Negotiates project budget and schedule with oversight from the Director.
- Responsible for the development of project documentation and meeting all required sponsor deadlines.
- Provides and sets standards for regular project status reports including quarterly, yearly and end of project reports.
What You Need:
- A PhD or equivalent experience in engineering, geoscience, computer science or related field with a total of six (6) years relevant experience. Including three (3) or more year’s equivalent to a project manager, senior software engineer or time as faculty at an accredited four year institution.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for work authorization within the United States.
UNAVCO is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer. UNAVCO values diverse perspectives and backgrounds in all positions within the organization and is fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and State laws, and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. All qualified and complete applications will be considered. Individuals with a disability needing an accommodation as part of the employment selection process should contact HR@unavco.org or 303-381-7515.
UNAVCO supports a safe work environment for all staff. As part of our commitment, UNAVCO conducts background checks. Background checks will vary and are based on position requirements. UNAVCO complies with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).