Meetings Project Director
The Optical Society (OSA) is recruiting for a Meetings Project Director. The position will support the Sr. Director, Technical Program Development and Strategy to maintain the high standards of the expansive OSA global meetings portfolio. Establish, track and endeavor to achieve key performance metrics for the meetings portfolio. Duties include but are not limited to tracking and following up on key program performance and diversity metrics, strategic initiatives and serve as primary advocate for governance action items. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work with scientists and engineers who volunteer for the organization, is proactive, has strong project management skills and demonstrates composure, responsiveness, and engagement with this dynamic and fast paced community.
- Responsible for modifying technical meeting tracking systems and procedures to highlight and report on progress of key performance indicators, raising issues of non-performance to identify next steps.
- Ensure timely and accurate committee and program deliverables
- Collaborate with other Senior team members on delivering management staff requests to OFC and CLEO governance bodies.
- Manage and refine approval process for regular activities of the board of Meetings for inclusion in ballots or future meetings (topical meeting chairs, BoM membership, Steering representatives, endorsed meetings)
- Oversee and monitor the meetings governance action item register, following up as needed with internal staff and external volunteers
- Identify agenda items for governance meetings to discuss items on a timely basis and/or address challenge with program KPIs
- Generate action plans based on strategic opportunities/directives provided by Senior Director, Chief Events and Industry Officer and Science Advisors, including periodic reporting to said group and to OSA meetings governance bodies as appropriate
- Finalize minutes for all governance meetings and create Board reports for Executive Office
- Prepare presentations and materials for meetings governance meetings for review with Senior Director and Department Chief
- Manages Steering administration for all OSA managed meetings.
- Identify volunteer candidates with Senior Director for key positions on the Meetings Council, Board of Meetings and congress strategy bodies, and maintain rosters and orientation materials
- Supervise Meetings Coordinator
- Other duties as assigned
Understanding elements of working in an international environment (i.e. time zones).
- Four year college degree
- Experience working with volunteer management and committee governance
- Project management experience
- Outgoing, high energy approach to staff and volunteers
- Strong written and verbal communication and problem solving skills
- Multi-task oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated effectiveness working in a team environment
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, OSA offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Please send cover letter and resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.