Assistant Professor of Lithospheric Dynamics & Evolution
The Department of Geosciences at Utah State University (USU), Logan, invites applications for a 9-month tenure-track position in lithospheric dynamics and evolution. We seek candidates who combine geophysical, geochemical, and/or geological observations to conduct innovative, interdisciplinary, and quantitative investigation of solid-Earth system science. Research interests may include but are not limited to: physics and physical-state properties of Earth materials, geophysical observation of active lithospheric dynamics, and/or metamorphic/igneous petrology.
Successful candidates will demonstrate outstanding potential for excellence in research through development of a vibrant, externally funded research program; contribute to our core undergraduate curriculum and teach graduate courses; and advance diversity, equity, and inclusion within our department and university. This position will be one of four offered this coming year by USU's College of Science intended to strengthen a community of faculty with strong ties to underserved groups in the sciences.
For more information and to apply for this position, visit https://careers-usu.icims.com/jobs/3748/assistant-professor-in-lithospheric-evolution/job. Required materials include a cover letter; CV; statements of research, teaching, and DEI philosophies; contact information for 3 references; and one representative publication. Please visit our website (https://geo.usu.edu/) and contact Tony Lowry, Search Committee Chair, email@example.com, with any inquiries. USU is an AA/EO employer. Review of applications begins on September 15, 2021.
More searches like this
- Geodesy Early Career (up to 10 years past degree) PhD jobs in $75,000 - $99,999
- Mineral and Rock Physics Early Career (up to 10 years past degree) PhD jobs in $75,000 - $99,999
- Seismology Early Career (up to 10 years past degree) PhD jobs in $75,000 - $99,999
- Solid Earth Geophysics Early Career (up to 10 years past degree) PhD jobs in $75,000 - $99,999
- Tectonophysics Early Career (up to 10 years past degree) PhD jobs in $75,000 - $99,999